Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Wonderful Achievement.

Here is a link to a nice little article about Taylor's school team winning the Counties Manukau Schools title. It was a wonderful achievement

You can read it here.

The final game they played was an absolute cracker and Taylor was the Captain for the day.  She is normally Vice Captain anyway but there captain was off injured.  Man I was   (as most parents were) a wee bit vocal. It was seriously thrilling and one of the games of the year for me personally, and trust me I have sat through a few!.

As anything with sports there are ups and downs and the following week with Taylor taking part in Auckland Trials she injured her leg in the game the day before and couldn't partake.  Thankfully she gets another chance next Monday.

It is great to see Taylor be a part of some great teams, creating memories for the future. Knowing what it feels like to be apart t of a team spirit, as well as  accepting the good, and the some times heart breaking experiences.  She is developing life long friends. And a passion for excellence.  

Of course the upside for me is that while she is  busy with football she has no time for boy friends...which is good cause I haven't got around to getting my gun license yet.




13 comments:

  1. This post made me smile.

    Way to go Taylor.
    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Taylor! bravo! enjoy every moment of these fabulous fun times!!!

    ps, these wonderful friends could be along side you for the rest of your life, like mine, and i wouldn't have it any other way. :) enjoy!

    pps, rogey, babe, it's coming, girls WILL find a way (lol), so get that license ;) xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look here U, and Brandy and Sonja...its not gonna happen , I wont allow it..end of story..She is not allowed a BF till at least 30.

      Delete
  3. Remember Rog you don't need a license to use a gun. I'm sure the owner has a license.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray Taylor!! Way to go. Nice job as captain for the day too!!

    Rogey!! I think you need to go se Lori again for another gun lesson and quick. And MQ is correct, we girls will always find a way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, dream on. Taylor will find a way...
    Girl's football rules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saa above....and I have really enjoyed this season .

      Delete
  6. WooHoo!!!! Excellent game play. But I didn't like the article...no one else besides Abby. sheesh.

    Boys. Yuck. Blech. Patooey. (Yeah, right. Keep dreaming Rogey-baby.) You were a crack shot out of the gate. Let's get some more practice for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was all about Abby really, but she is a great kid and a good friends of Taylor's which all helps to build her enthusiasm and desire.

      I was a crack shot wasn't I! But more practise wouldn't hurt.

      Delete
  7. Are you kidding Roger? You think that an all girls anything talks about anything but boys?

    Hehe, great story Roger and well done to Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the story, congrats to you guys on this! Looking forward to reading more stories like this in the future.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete